Monica Pearl's Queer Salon
Monthly discussions are held at the gallery, around particular questions in queer culture. Please book your FREE place on Eventbrite, see full details below.
Join us at the Whitworth for a glass of wine and conversation for Monica Pearl's Queer Salon.
• What are the crucial queer questions that we should be asking now?
• What old ideas are still useful – and which do we need to painfully part with?
• What are the ideas that matter in queer films, books, art, and ideas now?
Come and let’s talk. Each month Monica Pearl facilitates a discussion around a particular question in queer culture. In this intimate and open gathering, everyone is welcome to share ideas and explore possibilities or to just sit back and listen.
• Come with curiosity.
• Check judgements and fixed ideas at the door.
• Leave with new thoughts and questions.
2024 dates will be announced in the new year.
Monica Pearl's Queer Salon runs on multiple dates from April 2023 to January 2024.
Individual booking links will be published in advance of each date.
* As the Queer Salon is a popular event, please sign up only if you are committed to attending the event as the numbers are limited. If you want to be added to the waiting list, need to cancel, or have any enquires about this event, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us at the Whitworth on Eventbrite and receive alerts for all the gallery's Eventbrite activities.
Image: Ruth McCarthy, Queer Salon, 2023
Monica Pearl's Queer Salon is part of the Whitworth's (Un)Defining Queer exhibition, events programme.
Exhibition dates: 27 January – 3 December 2023